We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal, that they are endowed by their Creator with certain unalienable Rights, that among these are Life, Liberty, and the pursuit of Happiness." . -- The Declaration of Independence
Notice that in this partial list of Rights that "LIFE" was listed as first, because it is the most important of ALL possible Rights. It is the one right from which all others spring -- the right to life.
Our Life is the most precious thing we have!
We must also hold as truth: Without 'LIFE', all we consider as "Rights and Law" is meaningless.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * A Civics Lesson In the United States there are three branches of Government, first is the Presidential Branch. Next is the Legislative Branch of Government which consists of the House and Senate. The Legislative Branch is solely responsible for creating Law. Finally is the Judicial Branch which is responsible for Interpreting EXISTING Law. The business of the Supreme Court is not 'Creating Law', nor to "interpret" by amending by judicial diktat of the Law or Constitution. However, since at least 1954 in the Earl Warren Court, and since Roe v. Wade, the Judicial Branch has been creating Law, by reversing what has always been considered as the normal interpretations of the law, or "finding" new "interpretations " of the Constitution, that the original "Framers of the Constitution" never considered. There are an un-enumerable host of issues that we have to deal with today that the Framers could never have conceived of, as even being a debatable issue. Many of the issues of today are ones that the Framers would never have addressed because it was so far beyond their normal moral code of conduct and well known to be prohibited by their religious codes. Furthermore, some of today's major issues have gone too far beyond what the Framers would have considered to be too vile and reprehensible to enumerate as an 'article to be prohibited' in the Constitution. However, that does NOT mean, "If it ain't mentioned in the Constitution, then it must be OK!"
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * What has happened to the Democrat Party of Roosevelt and Kennedy -- which championed our national security and honored Patriots? It is now infested with hypocritical, nascent, impotent, reprehensible, gutless, half-witted, asinine, obsequious, meretricious, pusillanimous, indolent, imbecilic, pompous, retromingent, ignominious, duplicitous, ungrateful, socialist, sycophantic prevaricators, who flippantly exploited Operation Iraqi Freedom, as political fodder for their next campaign. -- Mark Alexander patriotpost.us/alexander/edition.asp?id=560
That goes double for all the RINO's parading around Washington and the State Capitols disguised as Republicans.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * The First Amendment The wording in the Constitution appears to be simple and straightforward. The First Amendment contains two principles related to religion: "Congress shall make no law respecting the establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof."
It couldn't be any more simple, the use of the word "respecting" is used the same as the word "CONCERNING" or "ABOUT". Look up "respecting" in the dictionary! Remember you MUST use the words as generally used during the period when the Constitution was written. That is the ONLY way they would have used any word, it would be impossible for anyone to use a word definition that had not been invented yet.
The word 'silly' used to mean 'small'. The denotation of silly is not today what it was in the 16th century, or even the 18th century, when Coleridge referred to, “the silly buckets on the deck.”)
(I could find no Dictionary dated earlier than 1913, so it will have to suffice.) Dictionary definition "Respecting" as of 1913 1. To take notice of; to regard with special attention; to regard as worthy of special consideration; hence, to care for; to heed. 2. With regard or relation to; regarding; concerning; as, respecting his conduct there is but one opinion. [1913 Webster]
"regard or relation to; regarding; concerning;” is the key definition here.
Dictionary definition "Establishment" as of 1913 1. The act of establishing; a ratifying or ordaining; settlement; confirmation. 2. The state of being established, founded, and the like; fixed state. 3. That which is established; as: (a) A form of government, civil or ecclesiastical; especially, a system of religion maintained by the civil power; as, the Episcopal establishment of England. (b) A permanent civil, military, or commercial, force or organization. [1913 Webster]
"a system of religion maintained by the civil power" is the key definition here. "Civil Power" refers to any kind of Law Enforcement agency.
The Supreme Court can find new "interpretations" of the Constitution that no one else has ever seen, but they have blinders on when it comes to recognizing the meaning of just three little words: "MAKE NO LAW"
So now we can read it as: "Congress shall MAKE NO LAW maintained by the CIVIL POWER, REGARDING or CONCERNING Religion".
That meansone way or the other; "NO LAW will be made about religion, that is to be enforced by civil authorities."
That means: neither 'for it' or 'against it'!
That also includes the Supreme Court, who according to the Constitution, is not allowed to be "Legislating from the Bench".
The framers wrote the Constitution as a secular document not because they were hostile to Christianity but because they did not want to imply that the new federal government would have any authority to meddle in religion.
Voluntary student-initiated Bible study and prayer clubs were reaffirmed by the Supreme Court in 1990, when the justices upheld the Equal Access Act, a federal law that permits students to form religion clubs at public high schools.
The ruling from the 1960 Abington decision, Justice Tom Clark wrote for the court majority, "It might well be said that one's education is not complete without a study of comparative religion or the history of religion and its relationship to the advancement of civilization. It certainly may be said that the Bible is worthy of study for its literary and historic qualities. Nothing we have said here indicates that such study of the Bible or of religion when presented objectively as part of a secular program of education, may not be effected consistently with the First Amendment."
Now, about that, "...or prohibiting the free exercise thereof." What is so hard to understand about that?
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * The Supreme Court has used the term, “The legal separation of Church and State”. The only place you will find anything resembling that, in any LEGAL DOCUMENT was in Communist Russia. THE CONSTITUTION OF THE SOVIET UNION Article 124 of the Soviet Unions 1947 Constitution has been translated by most scholars to read, "In order to ensure to citizen’s freedom of conscience, the church in the USSR is separated from the state, and the school from the church. Freedom of religious worship and freedom of anti-religious propaganda is recognized for all citizens." Now, If you believe that last sentence, you do not know your history. First, the ‘Reds’ separated the Church from the State, then the People were forcefully separated from participation in the Church, then the remaining Religious were ‘separated’ from their LIFE, or sent to Siberia to be worked to death.
The same position was adopted by the U.S. Supreme Court in 1947 in their infamous 'Separation of Church and State' ruling. Why is the United States of America kowtowing to laws created by the CCCP? Soviet Russian Communism is now dead, but still alive and well in the USA.
There is no United States Constitutional "separation" obligation to scour God from classrooms and civic life.
Granted, no one in their right mind would want some "Church" running their Government. ...Or the Government running their Church. However, there is a middle ground in which, we must have people of high moral character, like those obtained from traditional religious values running the Government.
(But certainly NOT those "Religious Values by Popular Vote" as found in the current Episcopal Church, where practicing homosexuals are elected as Bishop)
Where in the Bible does it say that GOD will allow YOU to decide, (or vote on) which of the Ten Commandments are currently relevant?
They were not created to be a pick-and-choose salad-bar. Where does it say that GOD's Commandments shall be periodically updated?
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Second Amendment . The Supreme Court has determined that the Second Amendment to the Constitution ....is Constitutional! How about that for a News Flash! , Next they will have to determine if the Constitution itself, is Constitutional!
Take note of the time period that the Second Amendment was written. Gun ownership and Patriotism were the social norms during the time period. If the US Constitution, Amendments and/or The US Government had even hinted, that civilians could not own weapons, those legislators promoting this idea would have been tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail ...or assassinated!
There were valid fears of Indian raids and wars with the Indians and fear of further war with England. There was also self-protection from bandits, and needed subsistence or supplemental and recreational hunting, to name just a few.
There are other documents written by the signatories of the Bill of Rights that confirms that the Second Amendment means the "Peoples Right".
(Liberals pick and choose what they "Believe In". Jefferson only once mentioned the "Separation of Church and State" in a letter to some Church Deacons to calm THEIR fears of GOVERNMENT incursion into their Church Business. (Which is of course just what the Constitution says. The Government has no rights meddling into the affairs of the Church, and NOT the other way around.) Then the Liberals turned that around, so that the Church has no business even commenting on politics, let alone anything doing anything more "troublesome" to them, or that the "Religious Right" might interfere in their nefarious and devilish plans.) . For more on this, see: 'The First Amendment' above.
"The Right of the People to Bear Arms" was viewed as absolutely necessary by the founding fathers to protect and defend this right.
The language could not be plainer, and the definition of "Militia" in the US Code is explicit: "The militia of The United States consists of all able-bodied males at least 17 years of age and under 45 years of age who are, or who have made a declaration of intention to become, citizens of the United States".
If you take away "the people's right to bear arms" then ONLY the criminals will own and use guns ...and they will use them with impunity!
Washington D.C. has had a gun ban for 30 years, and remained one of the top U.S. cities for violent crimes, where guns were involved. Wherever guns have been banned, here in the USA, gun crime is always rampant.
In Switzerland, all young adults are required to serve two years in the military. By Swiss Law, they take their automatic weapons HOME with them and must keep them readily available and continue to train with them, after their service period is over. There is very little gun crime in Switzerland.
Any other questions Comrade?
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * "Principles That Do Not Change" What the "Politically Correct" crowds are about is: "Principles that DO change". Politics over time, changes its outlook and view of the world. The Democratic and Republican Party platforms are not the same as they were in years past. If any Government bases its LAWS on "What is currently popular with the people", (Whether it is most of the people or just those few who will scream and complain the loudest) this government will surely fail. No one will be safe and remain within the Law, with ever-changing mores or what serves as the now current "morality". Let us NOT base our system of laws upon the dictates of current "fashion".
Those who are "Politically Correct" modify the 'truth' to suit their fancy. They will vote on what is currently accepted 'truth'. What is the 'truth' today? What is the 'truth' tomorrow? In the 1970's the 'Big Truth' for liberals to worry about was Global Cooling. Now the 'Big Truth' for liberals to worry about is Global Warming! What is next, Global Weather Stagnation? The 'truth' is ever changeable for the "Politically Correct"
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Big Brother IS Watching... Have you read George Orwell's "1984" (which was written in 1949) or "Animal Farm" (written in 1945) lately? IT IS NOW starting to happen just as Orwell predicted.
The Pigs have taken over the Farm House. (Liberals Socialists Communists and Sodomites are taking over the Government & Corporate World)
"All animals are created equal – but some animals are created more equal than others." --Animal Farm Gays are being given special protections under the law. Whatever happened to the "Equal Protection" clause?
"1984" was a bitter protest against the nightmarish direction in which the author believed the modern world was moving. In the story, Britannia has become Airstrip One in the Superstate of Oceania, (European Union) which is ruled by the head of the Party, "Big Brother". The Party's agents constantly rewrite history. (Modern Textbooks) The official language is Newspeak, (Politically-Correct Language) and the society is dominated by such slogans as "War is Peace", "Freedom is Slavery", "Ignorance is Strength." Orwell shows that the destruction of language is part of all other destructive social aims. The hero, Winston Smith, a minor Party operative, keeps an illegal secret diary and has a brief love affair with a girl named Julia. He is arrested by the Thought Police, (P-C Cops) tortured and brainwashed for Thought-Crimes. (Hate-Crimes)
'Politically Correct' is NewSpeak for the Communist term: 'Ideologically Correct'. Ideologically Correct was first coined in Communist Russia as a priority of political censorship, to prevent the genuine diversity of political thought. Mandatory dishonesty, hiding factual information when contrary to the party line.
Orwell was premature in the naming of his book by over twenty years!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Story from the Readers Digest Way back in the late 60's or early 70's in "Readers Digest" had a fictional story. I do not recall the title of the article... But I remember what it was about: The Communists had won a war with the United States, and how they would take over the Schools and get the children to "get in lock-step" with the "New Government". It generated many subscribers letters to the editor in many issues after.
The story went like this: The school children asked their new teacher, Who won the war? She replied, "Why, you did!" Then the 'New Government' teacher next explained "Because you do not really know the meaning what you are saying when you say the Pledge of Allegiance we will not say that anymore. Then later she said, "Isn't that a pretty Flag, don't you think we should all have a piece of it to take home." The Flag was cut up, and everyone got a piece of it to take home. Then they set-up the children to inform the authorities on the activities of their parents. (Just like this below)
The 'West Virginia Office of Civil Rights' has organized teams of middle and high school students to report harassment, including 'homophobic slurs,' to Law Enforcement Officers. Sixth graders, in essence, are being trained as Police INFORMERS about "NON-Politically Correct" speech. Just like in Orwell's "1984"! ...But done right here in the United States of America! -- -- This is Totalitarianism, Fascism, and Communism at some of its worst!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Culture Wars Many secular elitists attempt to defend popular culture by arguing that its "nonjudgmental" portrayals of adult and teen promiscuity, adultery, pornography, prostitution, vulgarity, profanity, violence, sadomasochism, drug abuse, anti-religious bigotry, etc. simply reflect how people live.
But popular culture also SHAPES how a people live!
And the SHAPING force of culture is especially powerful where youth are concerned. In March 2005 the Kaiser Family Foundation released a survey showing that 8 to 18-year-olds in the United States spend on average over 40 hours a week consuming various types of media.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * This information about the dollar amount of the National Debt is so outdated. But who can possibly keep-up with Leftist Mis-Administration'sand their ability to wastefully spend money that we don't have? (Much worse than the last several Mis-Administrations.)
Subject: National Debt Calculation
Not too very long ago, I read in the newspaper that the National Debt was 8.4 Trillion Dollars! It was $7.4 Trillion ($7,379,052,696,330.32) at end of fiscal year 2004.
The then current estimated population of the United States is now over 300,000,000 Each citizen's share of this debt is currently was then over $28,300 At that time, the National Debt has continued to increase an average of $1.54 billion per day since September 2005! The Legal National Debt Ceiling was increased to 9 Trillion dollars, as of March 2006. Congress raised the nation's debt limit for the fourth time in only five years! How soon until the NEXT raise of the “Debt Ceiling Cap”?
The Legal National Debt Ceiling was then increased to 9 Trillion dollars!
JUST HOW BIG IS 8.4 TRILLION DOLLARS? That is 8,4 and eleven zeros!
So... Let's use some terms we can all relate to.
How long ago in time was 8.4 trillion seconds? If you were to spend a dollar per second, everyday -- 24-hours per day, 7-days a week, 365 days per year. How long ago in history would you have had to start spending all this money?
. Would you have had to start this spending spree:
In October 1963 when Kennedy was shot? -- Guess again! --
How about during World War II? -- No way! -- Just pick one of these below!
During World War I? Albert Einstein Publishes Theory of Relativity 1905 A.D. How about the Civil War?
Would you believe: during American Revolutionary War?
Galileo Builds the First Telescope 1609 A.D. Columbus discovers (that there are people living in what becomes) the Americas. Near the Signing of the Magna Carta in 1215? The Chinese Ten Kingdoms A.D. 907-979 .How about? Near the time when Christ was born?
Or perhaps sometime during the early Chinese Dynasties? Chinese Qin Dynasty 221-207 B.C. Chinese Xia Dynasty c. 2000-1500 B.C.
Or perhaps sometime during the Ancient Egyptian Dynasties? 6th dynasty c. 2323-2150 B.C. 4th dynasty c. 2575-2645 B.C. 2nd Dynasty c. 2850-2649 B.C. Early Egyptian Dynastic Period 1st dynasty c. 3050-2850 B.C.?
Was it during the time of Neanderthal Man, who lived c. 200,000 to 30,000 years B.C.?
. O.K. Are you ready now?
. Got one picked out?
It's: "NONE of the ABOVE"
They are ALL wrong!
You would have needed to start this spending spree: BEFORE Neanderthal Man evolved!By over 64,000 years! It was even BEFORE the Middle Paleolithic Period (250,000 to 60,000 B.C.)
. The ANSWER is: Around 266,180 years ago, minus the then current year of 2007 A.D. -- puts us WAY back to 264,173 B.C.!
. That was just 8.4 trillion seconds ago, give or take a few.
.To calculate: divide 8.4 trillion (8,400,000,000,000 by 31,557,600) 60 seconds per minute, times 60 minutes per hour, times 24 hours per day, (equals 86,400 seconds in a day) times 365.25 days per year, (equals 31,557,600 seconds in a year)
. And I said, "Let's use some terms we can all relate to."
. We STILL can't relate to events before the Neanderthals!
Perhaps, it is time to Balance the Budget and live within our means as a Nation! . Time is $till ticking, we are $till $pending!
"They have made no distinction between the holy and the profane, and they have not taught the difference between the unclean and the clean" (Ezekiel 22:26).
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Martin Luther King Day, is a day when we honor the MAN, but choose to IGNORE his PRINCIPLES and IDEALS.
Martin Luther King DID NOT say this: "I have a dream that my four little children will one day live in a nation where they will not be judged by the color of their skin (EXCEPT WHEN APPLYING FOR JOBS or COLLEGE) but by the content of their character."
So why do we seem to think he did?
Yet today, Jesse Jackson (King's chief aide during those tumultuous civil rights protests) and virtually every other black leader advocate for programs and policies that judge by skin color alone, regardless of character.
Irrespective of one's conclusion about Martin King's proper place in history (given what we know about his personal character lapses, including marital infidelity, his association with known Communists, questions about the originality of his doctoral dissertation, and the violation of his message by those who succeeded him), the two texts cited below. (from The Federalist Historic Documents section) are well worth reading -- for each of them proclaim the truth.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * THIS WILL OPEN YOUR EYES. By Paul Harvey -
Conveniently Forgotten Facts
Back in 1969, a group of Black Panthers decided that a fellow Black Panther named Alex Rackley needed to die. Rackley was suspected of disloyalty.
Rackley was first tied to a chair. Once safely immobilized, his friends tortured him for hours by, among other things, pouring boiling water on him.
When they got tired of torturing Rackley, Black Panther member, Warren Kimbo took Rackley outside and put a bullet in his head. Rackley's body was later found floating in a river about 25 miles north of New Haven, Conn.
Perhaps at this point, you're curious as to what happened to these Black Panthers. In 1977, that's only eight years later, only one of the killers was still in jail. The shooter, Warren Kimbro, managed to get a scholarship to Harvard, then became good friends with none other than Al Gore. He later became an assistant dean at an Eastern Connecticut State College. Isn't that something? As a '60s radical you can pump a bullet into someone's head, and a few years later, in the same state, you can become an assistant college dean! Only in America!
Erica Huggins was the lady who served the Panthers by boiling the water for Mr. Rackley's torture. Some years later Ms. Huggins was elected to a California School Board.
How in the world do you think these killers got off so easy? Maybe it was in some part due to the efforts of two people who came to the defense of the Panthers. These two people actually went so far as to shut down Yale University with demonstrations in defense of the accused Black Panthers during their trial.
One of these people was none other than Bill Lan Lee. Mr. Lee, or Mr. Lan Lee, as the case may be, isn't a college dean. He isn't a member of a California School Board. He is now head of the US Justice Department's Civil Rights Division, appointed by none other than Bill Clinton.
O.K., so who was the other Panther defender? Is this other notable Panther defender now a school board member? Is this other Panther apologist now an assistant college dean?
The other Panther defender was, like Lee, a radical law student at Yale University at the time. She is now known as The "smartest woman in the world." She is none other than the Democratic Senator from the State of New York --- our former First Lady, the incredible Hillary Rodham Clinton.
And now, as Paul Harvey said; You know "the rest of the story".
Pass this on! This deserves the widest possible press. Also remember it, when she again runs for President!
Oh, and one thing further about the '9th 'Circus' Court of Appeals' ...it is the most overturned court in the Nation.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Michael Newdow & the Pledge of Allegiance Seems odd that the man who brought this lawsuit to the 9th U.S.Circuit Court has NOT been charged with perjury as of this late date.
It was Michael Newdow, age 49, of California, who filed the fraudulent lawsuit on behalf of his daughter to have the words “under God” removed from the Pledge of Allegiance to the Flag. It has been discovered that his daughter who was according to HIM, "forced to say the Pledge", as he testified in Court. She is a practicing Christian and so is her Mother. Neither the daughter nor the mother has any reservations to the Pledge of Allegiance. Michael Newdow is DIVORCED from his daughter’s mother. It is also well known that the MOTHER has SOLE CUSTODY of the daughter. . However, the mother was later informed by the 9th U.S. Circuit Court that she has: . "No protectable interest in the case".
The nation’s Conservative leadership up to and including President George W. Bush were shocked when the 9th Circuit Federal Court of Appeals agreed with Newdow. What is even more shocking is that the Ninth (9th) Circuit Court of Appeals (the most overturned court in the nation) in San Francisco, agreed with Mr. Newdow and declared the Pledge of Allegiance unconstitutional!
This case began when Mr. Newdow sued the school district where his daughter attends because she recites the Pledge of Allegiance! His daughter does want to recite the Pledge with the words "under God", but Mr. Newdow wants to force his godless, agenda on his own daughter, and all the school children of America, by banning them from saying the words "under God" ...under the threat of arrest!
Is this still America?!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Justifying Profiling... A History Test Just coincidence perhaps? Please pause a moment, reflect, and take the following test... no need to keep score. The events are an actual part of history. Yes, they all actually happened!
Answer the following: Do you remember?
1. In 1972, at the Munich Olympics, athletes were kidnapped and massacred by: Whom?
2. In 1979, the U.S. Embassy in Iran was taken over by: Whom?
3. During the 1980s, a number of Americans were kidnapped in Lebanon by: Whom?
4. In 1983, the U.S. Marine barracks in Beirut was blown up by: Whom?
5. In 1985, the cruise ship Achilles Lauro was hijacked and a 70-year-old American passenger was murdered and thrown overboard in his wheelchair by: Whom?
6. In 1985, TWA flight 847 was hijacked at Athens, and a U.S. Navy diver trying to rescue passengers was murdered by: Whom?
7. In 1988, Pan Am Flight 103 was bombed by: Whom?
8. In 1993, the World Trade Center was bombed the first time by: Whom?
9. In 1998, the U.S. Embassies in Kenya and Tanzania were bombed by: Whom?
10. On 9/11/01, four airliners were hijacked; two were used as missiles to take out the World Trade Center and of the remaining two, one crashed into the US Pentagon and the other was diverted and crashed by the passengers. Three thousand people were killed by: Whom?
11. In 2002, the United States fought a war in Afghanistan against: Whom?
12. In 2002, reporter Daniel Pearl was kidnapped and murdered by: Whom?
Answer to all of the above: Muslim male extremists mostly between the ages of 17 and 40
Nope, I really don't see a pattern here to justify profiling, do you?
So, to ensure we Americans never offend anyone, particularly fanatics intent on killing us, airport security screeners are no longer to be allowed to profile certain people. They must conduct random searches of 80-year- old women, little kids, airline pilots with proper identification, secret agents who are members of the president's security detail, 85-year-old Congressmen with metal hips, and Medal of Honor winning former Governors, BUT Muslim males between the ages 17 and 40 must be left alone. BECAUSE OF PROFILING!
Let's send this to as many people as we can so that the Gloria Aldreds and all the other dunder-headed attorneys along with federal justices who want to thwart common sense. They should feel doubly ashamed of themselves -- if they have any such sense.
As the writer of the award-winning story "Forrest Gump" so aptly put it,
"Stupid is as stupid does."
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Tax Cuts Let's put tax cuts in terms everyone can understand. Suppose that every day, ten men go out for dinner. The bill for all ten comes to $100
If they paid their bill the way we pay our taxes, it would go something like this:
The first four men (the poorest) would pay nothing. The fifth would pay $1. The sixth would pay $3. The seventh $7. The eighth $12. The ninth $18. The tenth man (the richest) would pay $59.
So, that's what they decided to do.
The ten men ate dinner in the restaurant every day and seemed quite happy with the arrangement -- until one day, when the owner threw them a curve.
"Since you are all such good customers," he said, "I'm going to reduce the cost of your daily meal by $20."
So, now dinner for the ten only cost $80. The group still wanted to pay their bill the way we pay our taxes.
So, the first four men were unaffected. They would still eat for free. But what about the other six, the paying customers? How could they divvy up the $20 windfall so that everyone would get his 'fair share'?
The six men realized that $20 divided by six is $3.33. But if they subtracted that from everybody's share, then the fifth man and the sixth man would each end up being 'PAID' to eat their meal.
So, the restaurant owner suggested that it would be fair to reduce each man's bill by roughly the same amount, and he proceeded to work out the amounts each should pay.
The fifth man, like the first four, now paid nothing (100% savings). The sixth now paid $2 instead of $3 (33% savings). The seventh now paid $5 instead of $7 (28% savings). The eighth now paid $9 instead of $12 (25% savings). The ninth now paid $14 instead of $18 (22% savings). The tenth now paid $49 instead of $59 (16% savings).
Each of the six was better off than before. And the first four continued to eat for free.
But once outside the restaurant, the men began to compare their savings.
"I only got a dollar out of the $20," declared the sixth man. He pointed to the tenth man "but he got $10!"
"Yeah, that's right," exclaimed the fifth man. "I only saved a dollar, too. It's unfair that he got ten times more than me!"
"That's true!!" shouted the seventh man. "Why should he get $10 back when I got only $2? The wealthy get all the breaks!"
"Wait a minute," yelled the first four men in unison. "We didn't get anything at all. The system exploits the poor!" The nine men surrounded the tenth and beat him up.
The next night the tenth man didn't show up for dinner, so the nine sat down and ate without him. But when it came time to pay the bill, they discovered something important. They didn't have enough money between all of them for even half of the bill!
And that, boys and girls, journalists and college professors, is how our tax system works. The people who pay the highest taxes get the most benefit from a tax reduction. Tax them too much, attack them for being wealthy, and they just may not show up at the table anymore. There are lots of good restaurants in Europe and the Caribbean.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Quiz Can you name this country? - 709,000 regular (active duty) personnel. - 293,000 reserve troops. - Eight standing Army Divisions. - 20 Air Force and Navy Air Wings with 2,000 combat aircraft, 232 strategic bombers. - 19 strategic ballistic missile submarines with 3,114 nuclear warheads on 232 missiles. - 500 ICBMs with 1,950 warheads. - Four aircraft carriers and 121 surface combat ships and submarines plus all the support bases, shipyards, and logistical assets needed to sustain such a Naval Force.
Is this country- Russia? -- no China? -- no Great Britain -- no France? -- wrong again (what a laugh!!!)
Must be the good ol' USA right? nope, still wrong (...sort of)
These are the American military forces that were eliminated during the (mis) Administrations of Bill Clinton and Al Gore.
AND [their elimination] was SUPPORTED 100% by JOHN KERRY (These he did vote on!) ...SLEEP WELL!
This is a reminder that when you feel like moaning about why we now have to "over-deploy" our National Guard and Reserve Units. Now you know the reason.
If the vote had gone for Ketchup Kerry, he would have eliminated more of our Troops and Combat equipment. So our nation's enemies can just walk in and take over. Thank GOD, Ketchup LOST the Presidency!
"Empty Barracks Obama" had a chance to do the same... and DID!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * How Enron Worked this President An interesting bit of information that you don't hear much about.
A. Enron's chairman did meet with the president and the vice president in the Oval Office. B. Enron gave $420,000 to the president's party over three years. C. It donated $100,000 to the president's inauguration festivities. D. The Enron chairman stayed at the White House 11 times. E. The Corporation had access to the administration at its highest levels and even enlisted the Commerce and State Departments to grease deals for it. F. The taxpayer-supported Export-Import Bank subsidized Enron for more than $600 million in just one transaction. Scandalous!! ...BUT, the president under whom all this happened WASN'T George W. Bush.
...SURPRISE! ...It was Bill Clinton! ...AKA: Slick Willy!
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * Media Refuses to Connect the Dots... The 9-11 Jihad attack on the United States, thousands of innocent Americans were killed. Then as if to mock us and the rest of the world, Islamic terrorists attacked a school in Beslan, Russia killing hundreds of innocents including children. Oddly, on the three pages of coverage in the New York Times about the attacks, the fact that the child murderers were Islamic militants was not mentioned even once. Although an Al Quaida affiliate group took credit for the attack on the children, that fact was never mentioned by the Washington Post or by any TV networks. More innocent people were murdered by a bomb placed by Islamists in Jakarta. The liberal media does not want to connect the dots and say that Islamic terrorists are waging a global war, because if that is the case, then we need a strong President who has no fear of using force when required to stop Islamic terror.
Now, aren't you glad we have a Free Press, that they can ALL ignore the same information?
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * . - - This is A M E R I C A ! - - After hearing that the state of Florida changed its opinion and let a Muslim woman have her picture on her driver's license with her face covered, one American had had enough. This is an editorial written by an American citizen, published in a Tampa newspaper. Did quite a job, didn't he?
IMMIGRANTS, NOT AMERICANS, MUST ADAPT. I am tired of this nation worrying about whether we are offending some individual or his culture. Since the terrorist attacks on Sept. 11, we have experienced a surge in patriotism by the majority of Americans. However, the dust from the attacks had barely settled when the "politically correct" crowd began complaining about the possibility that our patriotism was offending others. I am not against immigration, nor do I hold a grudge against anyone who is seeking a better life by coming to America. Our population is almost entirely comprised of descendants of immigrants. However, there are a few things that those who have recently come to our country, and apparently some born here, need to understand. This idea of America being a multicultural community has served only to dilute our sovereignty and our national identity! As Americans, we have our own culture, our own society, our own language and our own lifestyle. This culture has been developed over centuries of struggles, trials, and victories by millions of men and women who have sought freedom. We speak ENGLISH, not Spanish, Arabic, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Russian, or any other language. Therefore, if you wish to become part of our society, learn the language! "In God, We Trust" is our national motto. This is not some Christian, right-wing, political slogan. We adopted this motto because Christian men and women, on Christian principles, founded this nation, a fact which is abundantly documented. It is certainly appropriate to display it on the walls of our schools. If God offends you, then I suggest you consider another part of the world as your new home, because God is part of our culture.
If the Stars and Stripes offend you, or you don't like Uncle Sam, then you should seriously consider a move to another part of this planet. We are happy with our culture and have no desire to change, and we really don't care how you did things where you came from. This is OUR COUNTRY, our land, and our lifestyle. Our First Amendment gives every citizen the right to express his opinion, and we will allow you every opportunity to do so. But once you're done complaining, whining, and griping about our flag, our pledge, our national motto, or our way of life, I highly encourage you to take advantage of one other great American freedom: THE RIGHT TO LEAVE.
English is recognized the world over as the universal language of International Commerce. All Commercial Airline Pilots, as well as the Control Tower personnel, throughout the world, must speak English on all radio communications. English is the one language the whole world wants to learn, to get ahead in business, The ONE EXCEPTION ...right here in the United States.
* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * DID YOU KNOW? As you walk up the steps to the building which houses the U.S. Supreme Court you can see near the top of the building a row of the world's law givers and each one is facing one in the middle who is facing forward with a full frontal view - it is Moses and he is holding the Ten Commandments!
As you enter the Supreme Court courtroom, the two huge oak doors have the Ten Commandments engraved on each lower portion of each door.
As you sit inside the courtroom, you can see the wall, right above where the Supreme Court judges sit, a display of the Ten Commandments!
There are Bible verses etched in stone all over the Federal Buildings and Monuments in Washington, D.C.
James Madison, the fourth president, known as "The Father of Our Constitution" made the following statement "We have staked the whole of all our political institutions upon the capacity of mankind for self-government, upon the capacity of each and all of us to govern ourselves, to control ourselves, to sustain ourselves according to the Ten Commandments of God."
Patrick Henry, that patriot and Founding Father of our country said, "It cannot be emphasized too strongly or too often that this great nation was founded not by religionists but by Christians, not on religions but on the Gospel of Jesus Christ."
Every session of Congress begins with a prayer by a paid preacher, whose salary has been paid by the taxpayer since 1777.
Fifty-two of the 55 founders of the Constitution were members of the established orthodox churches in the colonies.
Thomas Jefferson worried that the Courts would overstep their authority and instead of interpreting the law would begin making law... an oligarchy... the rule of a few over the many.
The very first Supreme Court Justice, John Jay, said, "Americans should select and prefer Christians as their rulers."
How, then, have we gotten to the point that everything we have done for over 220 years in this country is now suddenly wrong and unconstitutional?
Pornography filters on public library computers. Regulation of hardcore Internet pornography. Restrictions on simulated child pornography. School choice. Voluntary prayer in public places. "In God We Trust" on our money. Use of the Bible in Court for "Swearing In".
'People for the American Way' supports…
Deleting "under God" from the Pledge of Allegiance. Homosexual marriage. Voting rights for felons, while still in prison. Forcing the Boy Scouts to permit openly gay Scoutmasters. Partial birth abortion. Judicially imposed tax hikes. Removing The Ten Commandments from all public settings. Racial quotas for jobs and college admissions.**
Sounds more like: "People of the Demonic Way", to me!
Fair Use This site may contain copyrighted material the use of which has not always been specifically authorized by the copyright owner. I am making such material available in my efforts to advance understanding of political, human rights, economic, democracy, and social justice issues, etc. I believe this constitutes a 'fair use' of any such copyrighted material as provided for in section 107 of the US Copyright Law. In accordance with Title 17 U.S.C. Section 107, the material on this site is distributed without profit to those who have expressed a prior interest in receiving the included information for research, educational, or satirical purposes. If you wish to use copyrighted material from this site/blog for purposes of your own that go beyond 'fair use', you must obtain permission from the copyright owner.
To the FAR Left, ALL Conservatives are 'OBVIOUSLY' insane!